- Along with not being able to twizzle, I could never do any of the figure skating! I couldn't survive in those outfits, I'd freeze!!! As a girl I loved ice skating. My mom and I would sit and watch Olympic figure skating every night if we could. I had my favorites, of course, including Kristi Yamaguchi, Nancy Kerrigan, Kurt Browning (Canadian, I know), and of course Scott Hamilton doing commentary. I dreamed of gliding across the ice and spinning, twisting, and jumping. Truth is, I'm just happy to go ice skating and not fall.
- I could never do speed skating. As much as I loved roller blading as a kid, and probably thought I was really fast, the idea of short track speed skating scares me. I just see them falling and getting sliced by one of those crazy blades. Also, I would get dizzy. Oh, and let's not forget the relays... all that craziness in the bump exchange area and whatnot! As for long track, I think I'd get confused, end up in the wrong lane, and I could never actually skate that far that fast.
- The biathlon is another event that I think I would get confused doing. Not to mention the physical stamina of those athletes. I started running last year, mostly doing 5ks but I did do a half marathon and I thought I was going to die. I can't imagine doing a 5k, but stopping to crouch down and shoot 5 tiny targets in the middle of my running, let alone being on skis!
- I would love to try curling. I just think the physics of the game is so fascinating. How to get the velocity, friction, and trajectory just perfect seems awesome!
- I wish I could snowboard. Every time I watch a snowboarding event I wish I could snowboard.
- I LOVE SNOW!!! Ok, so this isn't really a confession because most people know this about me. When I watch the Olympics the thing I am most jealous of is that they get to spend so much time in the snow.
Keep it real my friends,
HP
No comments:
Post a Comment