Dear Ivan,
You are finally mine! I'm so excited to have you join my little family. You are joining Noah, my duck that has been in all of my cars, and Scout Finch, my dog. Scout will hate you, but she doesn't like any cars. I'll try my best to keep her from drooling all over you, but no promises.
So it was quite the adventure just to get you. I test drove another car, knew what I wanted, and we thought we had found you. I was so excited to get you that when I got the call that the car I was planning on picking up had been sold, I was super bummed. It seemed like they weren't going to be able to find you, the car I wanted. Knowing full well that I had specific wants, the salesman kept me updated on others that were similar. Right color, no sunroof. Sunroof, wrong color. I started to wonder if I was just being too picky, but I knew what I wanted, I knew it was out there, and I knew I would love it, and I wouldn't be happy with any compromise. So I waited. Then they found you!! Not only were you the right color, with a power sunroof, but you also had a CD player (which was a bonus, since I still have CDs and wasn't looking forward to transferring all my music to my iPod just yet). Not only did I get all the things I wanted, but I got something I didn't even realize I really wanted! It might have taken a few extra days (which seemed so much longer at the time) but you were totally worth the wait!! You've served as a reminder of that with other things in my life.
So, now we are together. I am loving just driving around in my fancy new car. It is taking me a little while to get used to all the technology, but I'll learn. I have no idea what kind of awesome adventures are in store for us, but I am excited to start each one. I'm sure we'll have days where I want to just load up all my belongings and take off, but there will be other days where we just drive around, windows down, sunroof open, blasting happy music and smiling! So let's not delay any longer, let's start this crazy adventure!
![]() |
| We had a quick photo shoot. I just love this car! |
So Ivan and I are ready for adventure! Am I the only one who gets attached to cars?
Keep it real friends,
HP

No comments:
Post a Comment