Sunday, January 12, 2014

Duped by an Author

I love to read! There is nothing quite like becoming immersed in a great story. However, there are times when authors can pull you into their world so fully that you forget reality. Recently I read The Princess Bride by William Goldman. It was splendid! I have loved the movie from the time I was a kid. My brothers and I have most of it memorized (to the point where we will text each other a line, and the other can reply with the next bit and so on). I, however, had never read the book, until this past week. If you have never read the book, I will try to to give too many spoilers, but know this, the author is a liar! I was convinced all of his stories and anecdotes were true. I was prepared to book my trip to Florin and everything. Then little things began to tip me off that I might be falling for a well-spun story. After a little googling I found myself a little mad that I had fallen for such a tale, at the same time, I was thrilled with being so taken in by the story and immediately wanted to read it again. 

Have you ever been so sucked into a book you believed anything and everything the author wrote?

Well, I have started my next book already, and you may be seeing a review soon (I love reading, but I'm not a patient reader so I typically just read until I'm done). 

Keep it real friends,

HP

No comments:

Post a Comment